Popsugar Reading Challenge 2015: I need suggestions!

My friend Qadria sent me the Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge at the end of last year. Qadria is one of my only IRL book buddies, and we decided to take the challenge, albeit informally. Like, if one book could check off multiple things on the list, then we would check off multiple things. With over two months into the new year, I’m going to do a check-up on the list.

click to enlarge
10/50. I’m drawing a blank thinking of ideas for:
A book written by an author with your same initials - Any suggestions for A.W.?

A book with antonyms in the title - Uhhh...War and Peace? It doesn't help that I'm automatically skeptical of books titled something like "Good Girl, Bad Girl." It seems cheap. 

A book with a color in the title
- A Darker Shade of Magic, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage… no luck here! If you suggest 50 Shades of Grey, you get a black mark next to your name.

A trilogy - I don’t want to start a trilogy that isn’t fully published yet. I’m pondering re-reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy this year, but those are pretty time-intensive reads. Or maybe The Space Trilogy by C.S. Lewis. Do you have any other must-reads?

For the book with more than 500 pages, is it crazy to attempt Marcel Proust’s In Search of Lost Time? I already bought a kindle edition, eep! I know I’m trying to become fluent Portuguese, I have a new job that is challenging for me, I am trying to grow personally and professionally with this book blog… but Proust references keep popping up and I have reached my curiosity limits. 1Q84, A Tale for the Time Being, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, and Little Miss Sunshine (my all-time favorite film), to name what I can think of off the top of my head. Besides, ‘The best time to start was yesterday. The next best time is now.’ Right?

3 comments :

  1. Thanks! I think that's how the book is arranged, but I'm such a slow reader that I haven't gotten that far yet, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of Cleo and Fragile Bones, but just added them to my Goodreads because they sound great! I still really want to read A Darker Shade of Magic, but I'm kind of on a book buying ban right now! And Wonder is really great and sweet read. I think since is more like middle grade it will definitely be easier to read in a language you're learning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder is muuuuuch easier. I didn't realize that it was middle grade when I bought it, because the cover is so sophisticated. But I'm enjoying it anyways!

    ReplyDelete